Fusion energy

#ortexgraves

My Passion in life is FUSION ENERGY. It has the ability to transform society (In a good way) and the world. Yet hardly anything ever gets mentioned about it.

Ever since the U.S. created the first thermo nuclear bomb (FUSION or Hydrogen Bomb), we knew that if we could come up with a way to sustain the reaction we would have an inexhaustible source of clean, abundant, cheap energy.

Let’s take a moment for a brief history lesson. In the late 1890’s and early 1900’s, mankind started down the path of trying to understand the atom. The ‘Madam Curies’ of the world did all the basic research and theorizing. They made simple cyclotrons and discovered the awesome power contained in the atom.  Left to their own devices, the scientists would have eventually discovered how to make a bomb.

However, World War II came a long and things changed dramatically.
There were a handful of countries that had small programs, US, Germany, U.S.S.R., and even Japan had an interest. Most notably though, if Germany had decided earlier to focus on atomic energy we would have all been speaking German today.

The U.S. did decide to focus on atomic power. With our own intellectuals and the brain drain from Germany, we did engineer a ‘bomb’.

The U.S. did it by putting an army of scientists and engineers in a secluded place (mostly Los Alamos, N.M.) and did not let them out until they got it right. (Fission bomb--Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

The next step was the fusion or thermo-nuclear or hydrogen bomb. This took place in the second half of the 1940’s. We can now even build neutron bombs that only kill people and save the buildings.
Again, ever since the mid to late 1940’s the U.S. has been doing theoretical science and engineering studies trying to figure out how to build a functional Fusion energy device that can sustain the fusion process.

Today we are at the same place that Madam Curie was in the late 30’s. Most of the basic engineering has been accomplished.

There are several scientific projects out there that are working on fusion. These projects are at the top of the list:

1) Lawrence Livermore National Labs/National Ignition Facility: Located in Livermore California, near Sacramento. The NIF is located within LLNL.

Go to Lawrence Livermore National Labs here: www.llnl.gov
Go directly to the National Ignition Facility here:https://lasers.llnl.gov

2) J.E.T. (Joint European Torus) Located in Culham, Oxfordshire, England.

Here is the latest, most comprehensive article about this project and fusion in general. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27138087

3) Igniter: Russian-Italian project located near Moscow. Here is an early article on this project:

There is a very interesting comment in the last paragraph of this article:  “…As a result, Igniter can only sustain ignition for bursts of four seconds…” This means that back in 2010 it was working. It was just getting too hot, a cooling problem.

4) I.T.E.R.: International Thermal Energy Research. Located in Cadarache, France. ITER is probably ‘The buzz word’ of fusion energy in the world today. Not necessarily the best project and not without debate.

You can visit ITER here: http://www.iter.org/

There are others to be sure. As you can see, there is a lot going on in the world of fusion energy. Why haven’t you ever heard about it? We should all start asking that and similar questions, and demanding straight answers.

The U.S. is such great country. We are capable of doing so much. However, we are distracted and bogged down by so many things. One of those things is big oil, and its related corruption.

Only in America could we put an army of engineers together to build the first nuclear bomb. Only in America could we put an army of engineers together to send a man to the Moon and return him safely.

Isn’t it time that we put an army of engineers together to break down that last barriers to fusion energy, and build the first Fusion electric generation plants of the world? America could do it. The Basic engineering has been done.

Imagine the following:
1) Cheap electrical energy, nationwide means robust industrial growth.
2) Robust industrial growth means more jobs.
3) National energy independence. No more oil imports.
4) Lower oil demand means reduced or in some case eliminated war/terrorist activities world wide.
5) No drilling in A.N.W.R.
6) No more drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7) No more fossil fuel or fission type electric generation plants, and associated green house gases, and storage problems.
8) No more brownouts and outages.
9) High tech jobs.
10) Spin off jobs and technology.
11) The list goes on.

Fusion energy is a quintessentially good thing for America. It is good for everyone, everything, and all groups. There is no down side. You can’t even use it for evil. The H-bomb, from which it was derived, has already been developed.

I can imagine that, as I am telling you this, there is an army of choirs singing ‘nay’, ‘no’ ‘never!’

That is not surprising. Do a Google search on the following: “Groups against…..” Insert whatever environmental nasty you want, you will find a group against it.

Note: The Senate Appropriations committee just voted to have the US with draw from the ITER project. Why?

What is surprising is that all the environmentalists, environmental groups, and good thinking people in general, are not picking up on fusion energy as a solution to many of our environmental woes.

Every environmentalist, environmental group, every citizen should be taking the names of every politician saying ‘no’. Hold the politicians accountable for saying ‘no’, and expose their hidden agenda for saying ‘no’. Don’t let it go.